We are loving how a wealth of our customers have been coming to take passport pictures. A lot of you have been asking for tips and recommendations before taking your passport pictures. So, with proper direction from http://www.travel.state.gov, we want to share a few passport photo requirements we follow stated directly from the Bureau of Consular Affairs, in order to ensure an acceptable U.S. Passport.
If you are applying for a U.S. Passport, you must provide one (1) photo. Your passport photo must be:
- In color
- Printed on photo quality paper
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size ( We offer you 2 identical copies for $10.99)
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis:
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
General Tip from yours truly for Infant Passport Pictures:
Make sure to come at a time when your baby is wide-awake as his/her eyes must be open in the picture 🙂